Thursday, January 13, 2011

A Puzzle to Distract Us From HEFTy Price Tags

With all of the news about the Human Space Exploration Framework Summary and Preliminary Report Regarding NASA’s Space Launch System and Multi-Purpose Crew Vehicle, I thought I'd write a few pages about them.  Then, I changed my mind and decided to ignore them.  I wanted to have some fun instead, and there is nothing fun about unaffordable HEFT reference missions and unneeded rockets designed by a handful of well-placed members of Congress.

I like puzzles, so I made a word search puzzle at puzzle-maker.com to take my mind off the doom and gloom.

I'm not sure, but I may not have completely succeeded in taking my mind off of the train wreck, though:

C  V  N  S  A  S  E  E
A  L  O  B  L  C  T  H
N  H  I  W  L  S  U  E
C  M  R  R  A  O  K  F
E  P  O  W  T  K  A  T
L  C  Q  S  E  R  A  T
T  V  C  O  S  T  L  Y
E  R  I  M  G  A  U  Q
ares late
bloat mpcv
cancel orion
costly quagmire
esas sls
heft waste
HLV

2 comments:

Gaetano Marano said...

.
.
.
.
over FIVE YEARS and $10 billion LOST to finally propose MY idea of a FAST-SLV:
.
http://www.gaetanomarano.it/articles/005_SLVnow.html
.
a rocket that will be ready to fly only after 2016 + delays and costs overruns
.
unfortunately, the FAST-SLV "was" good FIVE years ago, while, now, it isn't the best choice
.
this also because the ET is no longer produced, the SSME is too expensive for an expendable rocket, the SRB-5 has more extra dry mass than extra thrust, etc.
.
in other words, in 2016-2018 we will NOT see any new NASA rocket liftoff from KSC but only a futher $15-25 billion "hole" in NASA budgets
.
.
.
.

Nora said...

First time reading this thanks for sharing